quarter life catharsis

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

When Mercy Hurts

Do you trust the scalpel....when it's in your Father's hand?


"Blessed is the man whom God corrects;
so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.
For he wounds, but he also binds up;
he injures, but his hands also heal."

Job 5:17,18

"My child, don’t reject the Lord’s discipline,
and don’t be upset when he corrects you.
For the Lord corrects those he loves,
just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights."

Proverbs 3:11,12
Posted by Ben at 1:49 AM

2 Comments:

Sorry, I hope you don’t mind. I saw that you had a blog spot as well so I came over and snooped around. I really cant put into words how Job 5 17-18 strikes me. Its one of those verses that the Holy Spirit unleashes on you when you least expect it. When you have become far too comfortable with your own pouting and pity. What freedom, to see your pain as God’s good work in you and not simply some rough circumstances; to know that what is broken can and will be remade. God is so much better than our shortsighted hearts give him credit for. I really like your blog Ben.

Kelly Brannen
Blogger Kelly, at December 11, 2006 10:52 PM  
That Job 5 verse meant so much to me my entire freshman year of college.
Anonymous Anonymous, at January 29, 2007 11:46 PM  

Add a comment